Small cavity walls
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
HuwPioden
Labourer
Labourer

Small cavity walls

by HuwPioden » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi,

This is my first post here so please be gentle ;-)

I live in a house built in the late twenties. The walls definately have a small cavity but I have been told that it's not wide enough to blow insulating material into. One insulation company employee said that a two inch gap was the minimum they could work with. Is this true? The employee looked bored and uninterested at the time so I don't really trust him.

If he was indeed telling the truth can somebody suggest a (reasonably cost effective) way of insulating the walls.

Thanks for your interest.

Huw

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

by DUDE DIY » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi. I cant give you much information on how large cavitys have to be to be filled its not a area I know a lot about. My best advice is however, if your thinking of getting this type of insulation work done then speak to your local council first. Most councils are offering this service at a subsidised cost in order to keep up with enviromental housing gudlines. This even applys if your a private home owner. Speak to them to see if your eligiable it may save you £££. Plus councils wouldnt sub contact work like that out to cowboys. Hope this helps. I d be interested to know how you got on. Cheers Dude.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:08 am