DIY Doctor

Smell of gas at my cooker

Postby lindsaker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:06 am

We recently bought a house and I there is a slight smell of gas coming from the cooker constantly. Who should I contact to come have a look at it and how much would it cost?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:04 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Try and get a service engineer out from the cooker manufacturer, don't expect a bill less then £100.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3661
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby htg engineer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:38 pm

It may be from the pipework - it needs checking now - turn off gas at mains - call 0800111999 they will come and check mains - if it's the cooker they'll un plug it - if it's pipework they'll cap gas and you will need an RGI.

Calling 0800111999 is a free service.

htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics