Some Advice Please on Crown Paint and Recent Decorating Job in Hall and Stairway
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Eddisonsmum
Labourer
Labourer

Some Advice Please on Crown Paint and Recent Decorating Job in Hall and Stairway

by Eddisonsmum » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:53 am

Hi,
So I bought 2 tins of crown breathe easy picnic basket paint in silk. I paid a decorator friend £300 to paint my hall and stairs. The first tin did the first coat then we ran out so opened the second tin and cut in with second tin. Now 4 days after its dried it's apparent its a different colour even though I still have the empty tins and they're exactly the same. I can't afford to pay another decorator to redo the work as it all needs redoing. Where do I stand! I've complained to crown, waiting to hear back. How can 2 tins be so different in shade? I'm. Devastated, wanted this done for ages and now gone all wrong.

Ideally I'd like crown to supply 5l of paint and a decorator free of charge!!!

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Some Advice Please on Crown Paint and Recent Decorating Job in Hall and Stairway

by proptech » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi Eddisonsmum
Before blaming the paint, what about the preparation, and just how was the paint applied ? Where does the problem show, round the edges ? if so, it's an application problem. When using more than one can of paint, the recommended procedure is to mix them together, or at least not to start a new can in the middle of a wall.
These are all points your so called decorator should know. I could be wrong, but I suspect he is not a true professional.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:00 pm