DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Some Kind of Collar or Sleeve to Repair a Length of Wood?

Postby tobbler » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:45 am

I once helped fix a joist where we used a metal sleeve to fix 2 lengths of wood together. Yesterday I broke a piece of my bed; a length of wood that holds the slats in place. I don't want to buy a new bed so was wondering if such sleeves exist for smaller bits of wood? And where do you get them? It's only about 2 inches x 4 inches
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:40 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:58 am

A Steel stockist. They may have some U profile of those measurements.
Problem is they may only sell long lengths - ask for an offcut?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:53 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics