DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Splitters etc

Postby anuvid » Fri May 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Have Deleted into a house that had Tv in every room but the previous owner took whatever device facilitated this with him. Left with a bunch of coax type cables some with ends that look like Sky fittings, and some with bare cable and the copper mesh showing. Firstly how do I identify the live one coming from the conventional aerial vs the ones from the Sky dish and secondly where does a lay person like me find the proper ends for the conventional RF cables and a splitter/booster to plug this all into ? Preferably somewhere I could get them this Bank Holiday weekend.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 5:20 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat May 28, 2011 4:24 pm

If you have test meter which measures resistance use this to identify the cable with shield to centre resisitance below 100ohmn.
Most of the fittings you need are available at B&Q.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4756
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!