spots in kitchen
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
s1bgs
Apprentice
Apprentice

spots in kitchen

by s1bgs » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:34 am

Hi all

Fitting 4 mains spots in kitchen. says its Dbl Insulated class2 so leave earth out. Do i connect main supply and switch straight into the first spot with a block then T&E onto next light and so on. Instructions just pics.
advise appreciated thanks.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:35 pm

s1bgs,
You have four individual spot lights which you are intalling in a daisy chain method using twin and earth, they are double insulated which means an circuit protective conductors (earth) is not required. As manufactures instruction state.
The connection enclosures will be marked for live and neutral terminals if supplied. but if they are not a connection strip can be used as long as it is asseceesible for inspection purposes. I'd leave the CPC (earths) terminated seperatly, available and safe. Just in case you decide ever to change the fittings to ones that do require CPC (earths)
I hope you are are aware of Document Part P regarding the installation of new circuits, this does not apply to additions or extentions, take some time to look at project part p on this web site.
Certain test certificates are recommened when the circuit is complete before it is commisioned, this is for safety and insurance reasons. I would always recommend these are done.
KB

s1bgs
Apprentice
Apprentice

by s1bgs » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:54 pm

cheers kB for advise.
All done now & working perfectley

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:29 am