spur from cooker for light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
helicon
Labourer
Labourer

spur from cooker for light

by helicon » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:23 pm

I am repacing my kitchen units and have bought plug in lights for fixing under my wall cupboads. On two walls I can use a spur as normal,but the wall unit on the cooker wall is positioned above the combined cooker switch and socket with no other ring main socket available.
Can I run a fused spur from the socket side of the cooker switch? Any advice would be appreciated.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Can the cooker supply be used? In most cases yes. Can you do it. In most cases no. It comes under Part P unless in Scotland and even if you are it should be tested to see if suitable and you are unlikely to have test sets required. I would advise RCD I do remember as a child of about 10 sticking my fingers in the hole where my Dad had removed the bulb because the switch was faulty and it would not turn off. I only did it once.

helicon
Labourer
Labourer

by helicon » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:17 am

Hi Eric Thanks for the information.- The light that i propose using fits under the wall cupboard and is 10w-12v with transformer and separate switch. Does this information change anything?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:39 pm