Staircase dogleg to straight is this poss?
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
n.lamb
Labourer
Labourer

Staircase dogleg to straight is this poss?

by n.lamb » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 am

Hi I need some advice please, the staircase in my living room was once straight however, was turned into a dog leg staircase with the last four treds being turned. I want to straighten it again is this possible without having to buy a whole new staircase? I do not have a big budget for this project and so need to keep the cost to a minimal.

Many thanks for any advice given.

carousel88200
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re-aligning staircase

by carousel88200 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:22 pm

i would strongly advise against re-aligning your staircase with the two existing parts, as this would be weakening the structure when joined back together.If it's enclosed between two walls from top to bottom, it is possible to re-connect these two parts although it will require a sufficient amount of extra fixings into the walls around the joint.

I hope this has helped you a little bit and hope all goes well

David

n.lamb
Labourer
Labourer

Stairs

by n.lamb » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi Dave thank you very much for this advice. I have spoken to several staircase manufacturers and they have all said the same thing. Your advice though has convinced me they are not just trying to get me to buy a new set of stairs from them lol

Looks like that's what I'm going to have to do though.

Many thanks for your time to answer my question it was very helpful.

Regards :)

Nikki

carousel88200
Apprentice
Apprentice

by carousel88200 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:19 pm

No problem what so ever Nikki, Pleased it helped you make your mind up :) feel free to ask if you ever need help or advice another time.

David

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:06 am