Static caravan insulation
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Wockey
Labourer
Labourer

Static caravan insulation

by Wockey » Mon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Hello,just moved into my new static which I plan to spend 9 months of the year living in. The underside has only summer insulation and I would like to add more. The underside has a wooden framework to the floor and steel mainframe.
Other owners have fitted normal loft insulation and then boarded the underneath which seems quite basic to me. Any ideas on other options which have to be of a flexible material because of pipework.
The static is raised off the ground so is open to the elements and the site is open all year so only the best will do !!! preferably something I can do myself using my basic diy skills.
I have checked out companies who use a material with foil on both sides ???

Many thanks for the forthcoming tips

dlw20000
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Static caravan insulation

by dlw20000 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Loft insulation is a cheap method of insulating the underside of your static caravan, but if you use this method ensure that a waterproof membrane is fitted over the insulation on the out side(weather side).

One main disadvantage of using loft insulation with static caravans is that it can provide a nesting environment for insects and rodents. Also if the waterproof membrane is damaged then the insulation material can get wet. and will lose much of its insulation properties.

There are other materials which are much more suitable and easier to fit.

Regards DLW

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Static caravan insulation

by welsh brickie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:25 am

you can use sprayfoam insulation,it will stick to the underside and fill all the gaps so will insulate it better.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:03 pm