All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
justin-mostin
Labourer
Labourer

Sudden drop in hot water pressure - indirect system

Post by justin-mostin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 am

Hi there,

I have an indirect system (I think), as it has 3 tanks in the loft. Hot water pressure was fairly good before fitting my new bathroom...

I have recently installed a new bathroom suite with a mixer for shower, tap and handheld shower, and a mixer tap. I had to drain the system down in order to install all the kit.

Since installing the hot water pressure has dropped quite significantly, and just trickles out of the taps. The pressure looks to be the same all round the house.

I have looked at the methods online to try and clear any blockages and air-locks, and have tired this, it didn't appear to work.

I have identified which tank in the loft feeds the hot water cylinder and this all looks ok, it fills up fine.

Another issue I have which may or may not be related is the outdoor tap, this comes from a different feed to the mains pressure cold, and this is now non existent, it trickles out very slowly then stops. Beforehand the pressure was low here, but sufficient to feed an outdoor tap.

I've looked online extensively and i've hit a bit of a brick wall really, it seems the only answer is to try and get rid of any airlocks, or fit a pump, which I don't want to do.

I believe the answer is linked to the outdoor tap (which doesn't come off the mains feed). The hot water pressure was very good before, and now it is awful. The pressure is the same throughout the house so I don't think it's as a result of the new equipment that I have installed in the bathroom.

Would appreciate any advice or ideas that anyone has??

justin-mostin
Labourer
Labourer

An update

Post by justin-mostin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:06 am

Hi there, an update. I've been able to clear the blockage in the cold outdoor tap and this hasn't made any difference to the hot water pressure in the house.

They're not linked.

Now I've really hit a brick wall, lol.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:03 pm