Suspension Rail to Three IKEA Wall Cabinets
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
jbolo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Suspension Rail to Three IKEA Wall Cabinets

Post by jbolo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi

If anyone can assist much appreciated. I took on a kitchen installer who has carried out a catalogue of errors . When I thought it couldn't get any worse, the units on my wall fell off with all the contents. The units were IKEA VOXTROP which you hang on a METOD suspension rail.

The installers before hanging the rail did not cut it, so to start with alarm bells should have rung, it was sticking out from the units and so looked unsightly, see image. I looked at the instructions and read that the support screws should be no more than 30cm apart. The holes to the wall are not evenly spaced and there are only four. They do not start at the end of the rail, the first one is nailed in about 20 cm in to the rail. Surely the first thing to do would be to support the rail from the end?

The units three of them were 60cm across so there should be at least 6 support screws? The first one 20cm in also looks slightly higher than the others, but this could be me. I have attached pics. The units started right into the left corner of the wall so the rail surely should have had the first screw pretty close to the wall?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 am