Taking Paint off Rendered Bungalow
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Suzie
Labourer
Labourer

Taking Paint off Rendered Bungalow

by Suzie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi, Just found this site and was hoping someone could give me some advice.
We need to paint the outside of our bungalow which is rendered with quite big stones in it, our problem is the previous owners have painted before and the paint is loose like a thick skin and is also cracking and flaking, we need to remove yhe paint and start again. Any ideas on what the the best way to go about removing it would be. We have already tried jet washing but this did'nt work as the paint is quite thick. Any help appreiated as really don't want to have to pick it off bit by bit :roll: lol
Thanks Suzie

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Taking Paint off Rendered Bungalow

by rosebery » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:28 pm

"really don't want to have to pick it off bit by bit :roll: lol"

Ahh famous last words! In essence I'm afraid that's exactly what you'll have to do. Scrape and wire brush the loose bits to get them off. Don't worry about getting the stuff off that's well stuck. In all probablity underneath the loose you'll find either friable sandy surface or vegetable growth. Wire brush this well and treat with stabilising solution if loose surface. If lichen present you'll need to use a sterilising product.

Then repaint - 2 coats mind.

Cheers

Suzie
Labourer
Labourer

by Suzie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Thank you for the reply, i was hoping there was some sort of tool to help scratch it of. Looks like it's going to be a slow job.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 pm