DIY Doctor

This paint stinks!!!!

Postby TommyDK » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:53 pm

I'm so glad I found this old thread that is still active.

Will try to make my situation so clear and concise.

5 months ago my new home was painted with som 5-10 matte paint (The name of the supplier is being held back at the moment but i can tell it's a Danish brand).

3 rooms, hallway, living room, kitchen, small entrance hall, toilet and utility room.

>The room facing east: During the day when the sun comes in the room smells like burned rubber and burned hair.
> Kitchen east: Have roughly the same smell but not as clearly as the room facing east.
>Bedroom West: old sweat and rotting meat with a bit sulfur.
>Living Room West: Where the sun hits the wall, it also smells of burnt rubber and sulfur and in the evening/night it smells sweet and unpleasant - rancid.

As some write that it is bacterial growth, I think the same!
Something has happened to the paint especially matte paint.

I'm starting to feel sick. irritated eyes, sore throat, running nose like a cold.
(Covid negative)

What i have tried.
Rodalon
Chlorine
Baking soda
Coffee
white vinegar
candles

Not tried yet.
hydrogen peroxide
bake the rooms (Gas Room Heater)
TommyDK
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby TommyDK » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:24 am

Anyone tried a UV Room Disinfection Device?

Have been thinking about buying one and trying it out in one of my rooms that smells so disgusting after it was painted in October 2020.

Sometimes the smell is so violent in my home that I would rather sleep in the garage. :(
TommyDK
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!