" Tiger lines "
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ginga
Apprentice
Apprentice

" Tiger lines "

by Ginga » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Does any other plasterer suffer with these , ive been plastering for more years than i care to remember ,to a high standard , but recently ive been getting these lines in my setting , like drag marks , cant trowel them out . when its painted you can still see them , faintly , its doing my nut in , tried all diferent mixes , wet stiff etc , sanded and polished trowel but they still keep coming back from time to time , mostly , strangely enough nearer the bottom of the wall , any thoughts would be much appreciated

Ginga

Dan the man
Ganger
Ganger

by Dan the man » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:17 am

Could be a few things really, Its usually to do with how much your trowel in angled on the wall as you flatten, too wider angle will cause them and too much pressure when its still soft. Everyone suffers with the odd mark now and then, we're only human, when I used to trowel my mates work up I used to notice these everywhere and I watched him a few times and it looked to me like he was putting to much pressure on his trowel early on.

Good luck

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am