Tiled access panel - how to access
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jacksnack
Labourer
Labourer

Tiled access panel - how to access

by Jacksnack » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 pm

I've got a tiled bathroom with everything fitted in. I moved in 5 years ago and haven't needed to go behind the tiles before, I've been able to access things through the loo and shower access panels which were fine.

But now I want to get to the u-bend under the sink and I can see the tile that's clearly for access, but I don't know how it was fitted and how I can remove it. I've tried giving the corners gentle pushes in case it's on some sort of catch, but nothing.

Can you help me?

Photos should show

1. the outside of the tiling, with the one under the sink marked - this one was sealed with silicone rather than grout which is why I'm pretty sure it should be possible to open it somehow...
Outside of the tiling, the one that was sealed in with silicon rather than grout is marked.
Outside of the tiling, the one that was sealed in with silicon rather than grout is marked.

2. the inside behind the tiles - I dangled my phone through the shower access panel to get this picture :) I can't see how the edges might be fastened at all.
Behind the tiles, under the sink.
Behind the tiles, under the sink.

Thanks everyone!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Tiled access panel - how to access

by stoneyboy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:46 pm

Hi jacksnack..
Cut around the tile and then push outwards from within the boxing. The tile will only be stuck in place but work round it or it will break.
Regards S

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Tiled access panel - how to access

by stoneyboy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:47 pm

Hi jacksnack..
Cut around the tile and then push outwards from within the boxing. The tile will only be stuck in place but work round it or it will break.
Regards S

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:55 am