Toilet Cistern Push Button Thuds Heritage Kharine Close Coupled Toilet
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

wiganken
Labourer
Labourer

Toilet Cistern Push Button Thuds Heritage Kharine Close Coupled Toilet

by wiganken » Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm

I had an Heritage Kharine close coupled toilet installed in 2009. Inside the cistern is an A207 Fill Valve (FV) and a B208 Dual Flush Valve (DFV) operated via a C202 Push Button (PB) on top. From day one there has always been a mechanical ‘thud’ type noise at the end of the flush operation and just as the fill operation begins. If one holds one’s hand gently on the PB one can feel the thud is at the PB and I am sure it is not water hammer. In operation the DFV pushes back via a cable to push the PB back up, to reset it, but it does it suddenly rather than gradually. On one occasion the PB broke apart and since replacing it I have to prevent the PB from returning too quickly (by holding my finger on it) to stop the sudden return causing the thud. I cannot see any way to modify this PB reset action from sudden to gradual. I have noticed that other people’s cisterns have gentle return actions and do not make any noises during the PB reset action. Is this a characteristic of this B208 system that I have to live with (as I have for 9 years) or is there some adjustment required somewhere? It is only a matter of time before the PB is broken again by these thud shocks.
Attachments
Kharine1.png

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:09 pm