Topping up rust inhibitor in CH system
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PeterJG
Labourer
Labourer

Topping up rust inhibitor in CH system

by PeterJG » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:32 pm

Having removed a number of radiators in order to redecorate, the rust inhibitor needs topping up. How do I introduce rust inhibitor into a sealed system?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:25 pm

You can remove a radiator, add it and then replace radiator.

or, easier and quicker.

Use an injection bottle to add it via a radiator vent point. You should be able to hire one from somewhere.

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:26 am

There are kits now coming on to the market which consists of a bottle which can be attached to the filling loop. The bottle can be filled with the various chemicals available and on opening of a valve can be flushed in to the system when the system is being refilled via the filling loop. The other alternative is fitting a magnetic boiler protector, a version is available with a chamber which can be isolated and filled with inhibitor. When filled the isolating valves can be reopened and the inhibitor will the be carried in to the system via the pump. Sorry but the rules of the forum prevent my self from nameing specific brands, hence I'm being a bit vague. Ask at your local plumbers merchants they should know what I'm talking about.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1