Torbeck valve water hammer!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
azzuri
Labourer
Labourer

Torbeck valve water hammer!

Post by azzuri » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:49 pm

Recently installed adjustable height, bottom entry Torbeck valves, on two push button toilets in my home. Fitted high pressure arresters and filter combs to each. Items purchased from plumbing supplies house. From having a silent plumbing system prior to installing these valves, I now have what sounds like an AK 47 going off whenever a toilet, faucet or the washing machine water shuts off. Please, what is wrong?

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

Post by marrtin » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:58 pm

There are several reasons for water hammer and none of them easy to rectify. Try turning down the main stop valve and reducing the speed of flow. You may find a position that stops the hammer and allows sufficient supply.

azzuri
Labourer
Labourer

Post by azzuri » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:41 am

[quote="marrtin"]There are several reasons for water hammer and none of them easy to rectify. Try turning down the main stop valve and reducing the speed of flow. You may find a position that stops the hammer and allows sufficient supply.[/quote]What is confusing is, that I live in a three story apartment block, three apartments to each floor, and I'm the only one with the problem. Which started with yhe installation of the valves.

azzuri
Labourer
Labourer

Post by azzuri » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:03 pm

[quote="azzuri"][quote="marrtin"]There are several reasons for water hammer and none of them easy to rectify. Try turning down the main stop valve and reducing the speed of flow. You may find a position that stops the hammer and allows sufficient supply.[/quote]What is confusing is, that I live in a three story apartment block, three apartments to each floor, and I'm the only one with the problem. Which started with the installation of the valves.[/quote]Eventually tried removing the arresters and comb filters from both valves, problem solved. Thanks.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:38 am