Transformer advise requested.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dano2808
Labourer
Labourer

Transformer advise requested.

by Dano2808 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:00 pm

Good Evening,
I'm not v competant on electrics so ask your advice. I have a few old Guinness bar pumps which i want to use a table lamps, but im not sure about which transformer to get. The details on the unit states "connect to 12/24V AC or 24V DC supply only" the bulb fitted is a GE F7BX840/4P, weird little 4pin lamp. Hopefully this is enough info for someone more knowledgeable than me to determine which transformer i would need to run the lamps, there seems such a choice, but im not confident enough to make one!! I'd really appreciate any advice.

Many thanks,
Dan.

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:47 am

The bulb you quote is a compact florescent unit with will not be directly connected to a extra low voltage supply. It is also only listed on USA web sites. The rating you quote seems like the input to a high frequency inverter used to run these units.
Inverters often have a huge latitude in supply type and voltage but it seems a little odd to transform down to feed an inverter.
I would have thought it would be better to swap inverter to a mains powered type.
I would go to local electrical whole sale outlet and try and get a mains powered inverter/ballast I think it's a Philips MASTER PL-S 7W/827/4P 1CT lamp and has a 2G7 base and the lamp is rated as 7W.
Eric

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:06 am