Triton Milan 2 electric shower unit Help
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Biggsy
Labourer
Labourer

Triton Milan 2 electric shower unit Help

Post by Biggsy » Wed May 27, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi all, new here and just after some advice.

I have a Triton Milan 2 shower unit that is brand new. We fitted it after the old unit would cut out after around 10 minutes. The shower power would remain on and live but the water would stop. The original unit was quite old so I bit the builit and bought a brand new one. We still have the same fault though. I have Googled some suggestions and found the most common fault might be the solanoid valve, however this is a brand new unit although when I measure it I'm not getting any ohm reading, suggested reading is 3.5-4. So, it suggests that it may be faulty but I can't see how on a brand new unit displaying the same fault as the old one. Could there be anything else electrical causing the solanoid valve to stop working?

When I speak to a plumber they tell me it's an electrical fault, when I speak to an electrician I'm being told it's a plumbing issue. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this now as it's been ongoing for almost a year now.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Triton Milan 2 electric shower unit Help

Post by stoneyboy » Thu May 28, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi biggsy
The first thing to check is the water pressure specifically when there is some draw off. This is the most likely cause of your problem. The new shower will specify minimum pressures.
Regards S.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:28 pm