Trouble locating dishwasher heating element and terminals
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

nicciglen
Labourer
Labourer

Trouble locating dishwasher heating element and terminals

by nicciglen » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:48 pm

I need a little help please - to correctly identify the heating element, and the terminals thereof, in my Zanussi ZSF 6160 dishwasher. It does not seem to have the usual heating element that can be accessed from inside at the base (in the tub) of the appliance. This dishwasher is designed so that it does not need a hot water inlet - only a cold one.

The water in my dishwasher no longer heats up. I thus need the information requested above in order to test the continuity / resistance across the terminals of the heating element to verify if it has failed.

I initially followed some advice from various postings for this problem for my dishwasher make and model from the FixYa website, but got stuck as I couldn't be 100% sure where the heating element or its terminals where.

I removed the side panel (the panel on the right side when I am facing the rear of the appliance). Then when facing that side of the appliance with the panel off, at the bottom right there is a clear plastic box thing with a copper coloured cylinder inside. It looks like water flows through this clear plastic box.

** 1st question: Is the copper coloured cylinder inside the clear plastic box the heating element?

When I removed the kick board beneath the dishwasher door , I saw the following on the left side at the base- here is a photo http://tinyurl.com/2vrw7qo. (Click the photo to zoom in). This photo shows the front view of the clear plastic box and two sets of terminals. You will see I've drawn boxes around 2 sets of terminals. One red box and the other green. I get zero resistance between the terminals in the green box (which I'm guessing might be the heating element terminals?), and the resistance between the terminals in the red box is about 3900 ohms (I have no idea what those terminals connect to).

** 2nd question: Are the terminals I've marked in the green box the ones belonging to the heating element? I can't find the heating element, so I can't tell.

Here is the spare part which RansomSpares says is the heating element for the model and product number of my Zanussi Dishwasher http://tinyurl.com/3y5pkvx. This looks nothing like the "translucent box with a copper cylinder inside" thing that I described - which I thought might be the heating element.

** 3rd question: Assuming the spare part mentioned above is the correct heating element for my dishwasher, where would I find it?

Many thanks in advance

Glen

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:22 am