DIY Doctor


Postby bills » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:53 am

Please help me. I need to make space adjacent to a radiator which means moving a TRV from a horizontal to a vertical position. Do I need to drain the whole system bearing in mind I am in a groundfloor flat and it is a combi run system. I am so ignorant about these things. Could it be possible that I do not even have a header tank?
Your help would be much apprecited
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:48 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Some combi boilers are tank fed, but if you're in a downstairs flat I wouldn't think yours was.

Do you have to top up pressure on boiler, using a combi fill ? If yes then there's no header tank.

Yes you will need to drain system to change TRV.
htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics