DIY Doctor

Trying to find replacement shower arm

Postby Pip10 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:46 pm

I removed my current shower arm which has 4 screws securing it to the wall. This pipe is 120mm with no thread it just pushed into the current arm. I wish to replace the arm but cannot find anything that fits. Is the pipe shown in the picture meant to unscrew?

Thanks in advance
Attachments
shower.jpeg
Pip10
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:19 pm

Hi pip10
Suggest you try removing the plastic collar to expose whatever is underneath. Grip the plastic and turn clockwise (as you look at the end) to minimise the risk of undoing a joint which may be deep in the wall.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Pip10 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Sorry for the delay, thanks. I have managed to un glue that collar but cannot get it off the pipe, if we turn it, it stays same place and it try and pull it off it feels like pulling the pipe with it

Thanks again for the help!
Pip10
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:25 pm

Hi pip10
You could try cutting along the plastic parallel with the pipe and outwards across the collar. You don’t need to cut all the way through, just enough so you can split the plastic with a screwdriver.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!