DIY Doctor

Tubular skyights

Postby patsy60 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:06 pm

does anyone know anything about tubular skylights? Is it possible to install one in the central hallway of a bungalow that does not have access to the loft space?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:01 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:24 pm

the tubular skylight is called a sunpipe and can be installed in the hallway
they can fit it be gaining access through the roof.
Its a highly polished tube that reflects light through a prism situated on the roof .
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Postby TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:34 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!