DIY Doctor

Tumble Dryer air Duct and how to Cover Without Building Works

Postby kkudi » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:32 pm

We have a small storage room upstairs that used to have a tumble dryer and has an air duct taking hot air outside.

The storage room has been repurposed to store clothes/etc and we do not need the air vent/hole.

Whilst I don't necessarily want to block the hole, in case we ever need it in the future, I want to find a way so that cold air doesn't come in the house because it creates a mouldy patch in the corner of that room near the hole.

This is what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/kfwEMpO

Is there some plastic accessory that I could buy to cover the whole, or is there something you recommend me putting there to cover the whole?

It doesn't need to look pretty or anything.
kkudi
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

DIY asbestos test kits

Postby collectors » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:11 am

If you measure it carefully, there might be more chance at a local Wickes or plumbers merchant using a 4" blank for a soil pipe.
collectors
Progress to next rank:
92%

Postby kkudi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:12 pm

thanks - will measure this evening - by measure you mean measure the diameter right?
kkudi
Progress to next rank:
75%

Postby kkudi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm

I've just measured. The diameter is 3 inches.

Does anyone know where I Can buy a cover that's 3 inches in diameter?
kkudi
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!