Turn off Air Con "Auto" mode? Cold air AND low fan
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
buckers_wv
Labourer
Labourer

Turn off Air Con "Auto" mode? Cold air AND low fan

Post by buckers_wv » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi,

We've purchased a Just Coolers KY-32-MB portable air conditioning unit.

The thing is too noisy!

When set to cooling mode, it seems that the unit only has an automatic setting, and tried to get the room temperature down to what you set it to.

Thing is, our room is big, and the temperature never reaches what the unit says, so the unit always sets itself to the highest fan speed.

Now we would simply like the unit to blast out cold air, but on the lowest fan speed. I'm tearing my hair out over this as I've tried every setting but the unit just wont have it.

If we set it to between 18-23, the unit is always on high speed fan. Anything over 25 and the fan goes to low, but the unit is now blasting out warmish air, which is stupid!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:22 pm

To be honest unless someone reading this forum is familiar with this model I doubt you are going to get a precise answer.

Have you tried the handbook? Manufacturers often publish helplines for their products and you may find an answer there.

Unfortunately, I can see a reason why the fan may be running at full speed. The unit has a cold heat exchanger and unless sufficient air passes over it to warm it then it may frost up. If it does, the unit will fail to operate.

I can't say for 100% sure, so it may be worth checking more.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1