TV Installation
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
HELPMEPLEASE
Labourer
Labourer

TV Installation

Post by HELPMEPLEASE » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:30 pm

I have just had a new kitchen fitted and have lost my TV socket - I want a new one fitted but in a different place. Can it go anywhere or will its position be constrained by anything? What sort of work is needed as I have had my kitchen tiled and suspect this may have to be disturbed i.e. some tiles drilled through.
Thanks

Kenj
Ganger
Ganger

Post by Kenj » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:44 pm

There is not enough information here to understand what you are trying to do.
Do you mean an electric socket for the TV, or a TV aerial socket?
Either way you will probably need to run some surface cable and mount a surface connection box, unless you want to remove and redo some of the tiling.
This should have been planned and executed when the kitchen was being fitted. However, it is often difficult to get plumbers, electricians and tilers to co-ordinate their work.
The main constraints as to where the socket goes, is not to site it over the heated hob area, and keep it as far away from the sink as possible.

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:39 am

You say kitchen these come under part p if any mains involved as to aerials all depends on where you are etc. There are all sorts of ways to send TV signals around the house but if you want to hard wire to an aerial then you must have a wire.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:30 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:16 pm