TV reception
Find answers to popular questions or post your own regarding any aspect of home entertainment

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
damian
Apprentice
Apprentice

TV reception

Post by damian » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:35 am

Hi.
I have a problem with a TV wall socket giving poor reception and am wondering if one of you experts can help me.
I have a wall socket that has both a satellite socket and a standard TV socket

When I connect my TV to the socket I get a really bad reception on BBC1 and no recpetion at all on chanel 5. The other 3 chanels are OK.
I'm using a 1 meter double male ended extension I bought from B&Q to connect from the wall socket to the TV.

If I disconnect the aerial cable from the wall socket and connect it directly to the TV I get all 5 chanels perfectly.

Do you think I need a better wall socket?

Thank you very much for your help.
Kindest regards,

Damian

jonone
Labourer
Labourer

tv plates diplexer

Post by jonone » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:25 pm

the plate is a diplexer the conections cable to plate vairy genral rule of thumb nether allow the outer brading of cable to tutch inner solid single core (sting) plate can become fullty especialy if plate is isolated a diode that will not allow dc voltage to pass but more than likely the signel is to low and the added loss (in dbuv up to 3db) when plate is in line is enough to degrade weekest channells try sky side of plate with sky box if no signal on tv screen when sky box is wired then fault is in the distribution
system if you live in appartment block then you need irs teck like me intergrated reception systems

nekkon21
Labourer
Labourer

bad reception

Post by nekkon21 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:37 am

i had the same issue when i installed my sky box , the outer copper strands and the silver tinfoil need to be cut back flush with the outer skin of the coaxial cable , the coaxial wire and the internal plastic sheath should be only touching any connections of the wall mounting if not you will get interferance on the line and poor quality reception .

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:22 pm