Two switch two lights in Lounge problem with wiring!
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pyr8
Labourer
Labourer

Two switch two lights in Lounge problem with wiring!

Post by pyr8 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi
I have tried to instal two new ceiling lights and forgot to write down the wiring diagram for the two roses hence I am having probs rewiring the new lights! Yeh I know I am a dummy!
I have two wires coing into one rose ...red black and earth and red yellow blue and earth.......! In the other I have three wires red,black and earth twice and red yellow blue and earth......can you help please as I have put together what I thought and the switches are not working and then I changed the wiring again and I got no switch working then dim lights etc!I have now got one light working and it is switching on and off (the one with two wires coming in) but tried to wire the other one and it blue the consumer unit .........the terminal block for the other light has 8 screw connecters 2 for live, 3 for the loop in, 3 for neutral.

I have the wires connected like this ....the red yellow blue and earth wire: red to loop,yellow to Live,Blue to neutral,earth to earth.

One of the red black and earth wires:red to loop,black to neutral, earth to earth!
The other red Black and Earth wire: red to loop, black to neutral and earth to earth!

This sounds wrong to me but need your help as I dont understand what I have done wrong there geeeez

Thanks
Regards
Pat aka Pyr8

pyr8
Labourer
Labourer

geeeeez

Post by pyr8 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:52 am

I have seen now 39 views but no one helping yet ....! If no one can help me can you please put me in contact with a site that can?
Thankyou all!
Regards
Pyr8 :?

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:48 am

All the information you need is on the projects pages. Two way switches, Lights and switches, replacing a light fitting. Just go through the electrical section of the projects as advised and you will be able to work it out.

pyr8
Labourer
Labourer

Thanks

Post by pyr8 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:04 am

Thankyou for the reply! Unfortunately I am partially sighted and would appreciate if you could reply to me here as my wife tried to tell me what the wiring is from the project pages.....and to be honest she didnt understand what was needed and I couldnt work out what she was saying .........!
I used to be able to do this by myself before my disability so any help would be gratefully received!
Thankyou!
Regards
Pyr8

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:28 pm

May not be able to help much as going on hols for a week tomorrow but to help others help you, please tell how lights were operated b4 change IE, were they 2 way swithed or just 2 gang switch 1 for each light etc,
If double 1 way switch is three core used as live to switches & yellow to 1st light , blue looped to second etc. ..unfortunately it might be too difficult to 'talk through' this way & may need direct assistance, sorry, Sparx

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:54 pm