Under cupboard kitchen lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MattR
Apprentice
Apprentice

Under cupboard kitchen lights

by MattR » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:58 am

Hi,

I am having a new kitchen fitted next week and plan to have under cupboard lighting, which I can operate from an independent light switch. What is the simplest way to do this? I am not fussy where the switch is located as long as it’s in a safe place. I’d rather not tap into the lighting circuit as we have just had the ceiling plastered. I want to get the wiring in place before the kitchen is fitted. Please can you explain in your simplest terms! :)

Many Thanks

Matt

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:03 pm

The way the sparky did it in our new kitchen was to run the under cupboard lights off a switched fused spur.

Basiclly a spur is taken off a socket on the ring main that is fused at 3 or 5 amps depending on the load.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi MattR,
Don't want to sound unhelpfull, but the simple answer is get a part p qualified electrician in to do this installation. The law now states that any electrical work done in kitchens are covered by part p of the building regs. No longer DIY.
Sorry mate I know is a bugger but if you visit some of the post on this forum these question come up quite a lot. Visit the DOCTORS PROJECTS on part p.
Regards
KB

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:28 pm