Under Floor Heating Fix for bad Condensation Issues in Ground Floor Flat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

Trikie
Labourer
Labourer

Under Floor Heating Fix for bad Condensation Issues in Ground Floor Flat

by Trikie » Wed May 04, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi Peeps
I have a question; a bit of a long one so please bear with me. I live in an old Victorian house that has been turned in to flats. I live on the ground floor and my bedroom I believe used to be a kitchen. My bedroom as it is now protrudes off the back of the building and also has an extension on it. The room measures 9ft wide x 12ft long with the ext being 6ft 6” x 6ft 6” making the room a total length of 18ft 6” it has 3 external walls and the ext is a flat roof; it has two windows and a very small radiator. I have a big problem with condensation in the room. In the evening/night the walls are very wet to the touch mould grows in the corners and clothes in the wardrobe and draws get damp and mouldy and smell. My property is rented and the landlord fitted the room with an extractor fan which is quite noisy and not practical to run at night they also lined the inside of the three external walls and the ceiling with sempatap but this has not made any difference. I was wondering if I was to insulate the floor and install an electric under floor heating system and tried to keep the room at a near constant temperature would this reduce the condensation in the room and thus cure my problem?
Would just like to add the room is always could and I have to use an electric blanket so the bed is dry when I get in it

Many thanks