Under ground wires to water feature
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Stephen Mills
Labourer
Labourer

Under ground wires to water feature

by Stephen Mills » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:22 pm

I'm putting in a water feature in my garden. I need to run the wires under my lawn through a hole in the wall and then plug it into a normal socket.

Is there any advice/regulations that say how deep the wires should be? I'm burying them in a pipe for protection.

Thank
Stephen

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:21 am

HI,
don't even think about it......
Charlie Dimwit/Allen Tithead got hung out to dry doing this kind of c**p 'installation' & the BBC prevented from showing it.
you may not bury flex or tw/e cable in garden hose, it MUST be in armoured cable & any wiring out of doors comes under bldg regs,
It must have RCD protection and other considerations such as IP rated joint boxes etc, Please seek expert help before starting,regards SPARX

See Projects Part P in forum.

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Under ground wires to water feature

by BLAKEY1963 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:06 am

[quote="Stephen Mills"]I'm putting in a water feature in my garden. I need to run the wires under my lawn through a hole in the wall and then plug it into a normal socket.

Is there any advice/regulations that say how deep the wires should be? I'm burying them in a pipe for protection.

Thank
Stephen[/quote]

STEPHEN MILLS
PLEASE TAKE SPARX ADVICE AND GET AN ELECTRICIAN IN
BLAKEY1963

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:47 am