uneven concrete foundations
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
smorgan
Labourer
Labourer

uneven concrete foundations

by smorgan » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:43 pm

I hope some one can point me in the right direction? I recently employed a local bristol builder to build a very large extention on a property I have just purchased and planning permission granted. the builder has excavated the foundations 600mm wide and 1m deep aprox but over a run of 8.5m the levels have run out by at least 100mm. in fact as I look at the level of the conctete it makes me feel sea sick as it is all over the show :shock: And I an now aware that at the end of one run the concrete is only 300mm deep I think this is because the trench edge was not duge square. I have sacked the builder thank god :D but am left with sub standard foundations. I now need to re-level my foundations. and remove the end section of my foundations. my question is:

How do I tie my existing foundations to my new section? I have been told reinforcing bars chemically anchored to existing then new poured. can any one advise me on this process?

and how do I go about re-levelling my foundation so I have a flat work-able surface? At its highest piont it can go no higher so does that mean I will have to remove some of the concrete, or is there something on the market that I can use to pour over it, like a self levelling fluid for foundations?

k13ran
Labourer
Labourer

by k13ran » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:29 pm

sea sick ground workers are all to common.
is your first 2 or 3 courses of brickwork below ground level...if so.
lay the first course, on a thicker bed than normal in the dips and thinner bed on the high pionts make sure that a string line is pulled though from end to end.
correct all the rubbish below ground.
good luck

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:33 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 am