uPVC Window Adjustment
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rambler
Labourer
Labourer

uPVC Window Adjustment

by Rambler » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi All, I've got a uPVC Window which does not close evenly on both sides. When its closed fully the hinge side does not press against the rubber seal so the gap between the sash and the frame is about twice what it is on the latch side. Its a simple hinged window, no fancy moveable hinges or anything like that.

From what I can see there are two triangular plastic pieces attached to the sash top and bottom and they engage with two other plastic pieces attached to the frame which have corresponding cut-outs. There doesn't appear to be any adjustment, nor does there appear to be a way of replacing these pieces without replacing the complete hinges.

Is this right? or have I missed something? :?

Diazodiamond
Labourer
Labourer

by Diazodiamond » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:08 am

No you're not missing anything. Those grey trianglular bits of plastic are meant to engage into the other two bits on the hinge. You will notice that they are not engaging and thus not sealing the casement. Two new hinges are required because you cannot dismantle the old ones. For about a tenner its not worth even considering.

Rambler
Labourer
Labourer

by Rambler » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Thanks for the advice. New hinges it is then.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1