DIY Doctor

Urine smell from bathroom when raining?!

Postby Bense » Sun May 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi,
I have recently been noticing a really strong urine smell from my bathroom when it rains outside. The toilet waste pipe is internal and goes down through to the kitchen (I notice the smell under the kitchen sink too where the pipe runs). It's not constantly there, but seems to be when it rains. I've checked the toilet seal etc and there are no leaks. I've had a drainage guy out who says there is no blockage but the pipes do have a build up of limescale, so this could be the problem, but he wasn't 100% sure. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure what limescale smells like and thought the smell would be there all the time to be honest. Any thoughts or comments would be most welcome as I'd like to solve this problem if possible. Thanks!
Bense
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!