DIY Doctor

Main navigation

using a router

Postby L&A » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi, I'm new to woodwork and would like to round the corners off my breakfast bar which is a normal laminated worktop. I have been advised to use a router but I have no clue how to use one. Please talk to me as though I am a child because I will need that understanding. Thanks in anticipation.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:41 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby toptips » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:10 am

hi,if you dont have a worktop jig and a router i think it would be more cost effective to get a carpenter to do this job,i would expect to pay no more than £30-£40.
If you want to do it yourself look on e-bay for a Trend joining worktop dvd,costs around £4,it will show you how to use a router to do this job.
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:02 pm

Postby CHIPPY2158 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:19 pm

all depends on the nose u want on the work top! but if its laminated work type like chipboard in side u will only expose a ruff edge!
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:43 am

Postby chris_on_tour2002 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:59 pm

a router and jig will cost you several hundred pounds and is not a job for someone that doesn't know what they are doing. i'd get someone in if i were you, or you could have an expensive worktop replacement to do.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics