DIY Doctor

Using Expanding Foam to Stick to Shelf?

Postby Guru86 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Good afternoon

I have cut and fitted some oak boards (Thanks for help in previous post). However the shelves I am putting them wasn't level so have had to use packers to level it out but this has left a large gap. I am thinking of just using expanding foam with weights on top to stick the wood to the shelf. Is there any issues with this? Will the expanding foam bond the two together?

Thanks in advance
Guru86
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:06 am

Guru86 wrote:Good afternoon

I have cut and fitted some oak boards (Thanks for help in previous post). However the shelves I am putting them wasn't level so have had to use packers to level it out but this has left a large gap. I am thinking of just using expanding foam with weights on top to stick the wood to the shelf. Is there any issues with this? Will the expanding foam bond the two together?

Thanks in advance

While expanding foam will stick to surfaces it isn't a glue and isn't designed for holding things together. So the short answer is no.

Your question and use is unclear a picture will help and give a chance for a better answer.
Sometimewoodworker
Progress to next rank:
7.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!