Using Expanding Foam to Stick to Shelf?
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Guru86
Labourer
Labourer

Using Expanding Foam to Stick to Shelf?

Post by Guru86 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Good afternoon

I have cut and fitted some oak boards (Thanks for help in previous post). However the shelves I am putting them wasn't level so have had to use packers to level it out but this has left a large gap. I am thinking of just using expanding foam with weights on top to stick the wood to the shelf. Is there any issues with this? Will the expanding foam bond the two together?

Thanks in advance

Sometimewoodworker
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Using Expanding Foam to Stick to Shelf?

Post by Sometimewoodworker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:06 am

Guru86 wrote:Good afternoon

I have cut and fitted some oak boards (Thanks for help in previous post). However the shelves I am putting them wasn't level so have had to use packers to level it out but this has left a large gap. I am thinking of just using expanding foam with weights on top to stick the wood to the shelf. Is there any issues with this? Will the expanding foam bond the two together?

Thanks in advance

While expanding foam will stick to surfaces it isn't a glue and isn't designed for holding things together. So the short answer is no.

Your question and use is unclear a picture will help and give a chance for a better answer.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:38 pm