Valliant boiler trouble
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
raj
Labourer
Labourer

Valliant boiler trouble

Post by raj » Tue May 26, 2009 7:24 pm

hi, i have a valliant combi boiler, i turned the boiler off from the mains, drained the heating system out (to fit another radiator) filled it back up to 1.5 bars, bleed the rads, but i cant seem to get any hot water? the temperature needle was at 30, now its gone to 12? can anyone please help me.

thank you.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Wed May 27, 2009 5:40 pm

This post actually refers to the the topic https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=18524

To be honest, I would say that you can't link the boilers together as you suggest. In fact, I am sure you can't.

Firstly, when hot tap water is called for, the combi diverts the heating circuit to circulate the boiler water around a secondary heat exchanger. This means the water in the second boiler cannot circulate so may boil.

There is also going to be a control issue here too. How can you control both boilers to heat the water together? You will find one boiler has shut down thinking it has reached temperature while the other is thumping away trying to increase the temp.

The combi is not going to be happy either. There are known issues with trying to connect them in circuits which utilise solar energy. Condensing boilers use computer controls so damage could be caused if used outside the manufactures expectations.

The old boiler is probably designed to work only on a low pressure vented system so there will almost certainly be issues here too.

Sorry.
Last edited by plumbbob on Thu May 28, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Wed May 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Heavens above, how on earth did this post get here???

As Htg says below, ignore the advice as it is totally wrong simply because it refers to a completely different post.

I think I am off for a lie down. Ho hum.
Last edited by plumbbob on Thu May 28, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Wed May 27, 2009 6:39 pm

What model ?

Does the central heating work ? auto airvent open ? vented pump ? reset any manual reset buttons/switches ?

Check the fulcrum arm is making contact with the microswitch, also you may have dislidged something when turning the water on and off that may have blocked the diverter.

htg

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu May 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Plumbbob has lost the plot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore plumbob's posts he will erase them when he realises it's relating to a different query.

htg

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1