vanity unit lighting switch
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jowilliams100
Labourer
Labourer

vanity unit lighting switch

by jowilliams100 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:26 am

The pull down switch for the light in my vanity unit has bust. It no longer clicks off and on. i've taken the box and transformer out the unit (it has a shaving plug-in aswel) and have found the culprit component switch that doesn't work.

Any idea if you can find replacement bits of bathroom electrics like the switch?

Maplins etc no help

Not sure where I would find a replacement transformer box as the unit came with the flat and is italian.

Don't want to replace whole unit because of one small component

Any suggestions welcome

ta

shanmarsh9
Labourer
Labourer

Re: vanity unit lighting switch

by shanmarsh9 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:17 am

I am going to assume that the outlet you are trying to wire back in as a GFCI, if so, you are wiring it incorrectly. A GFCI has two sides to the outlet, the line side and the load side. What you need to do is connect the black and white from the cable that has power to the screws on the line side. The black to the bronze and the white to the silver. You then connect the black and white wires from the second cable that supplies lights/outlets downstream to the load side. Again the black to the bronze and the white to the silver.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:48 am