volkera linea 24 loosing pressure evry time heating goes off
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dazandjo27
Labourer
Labourer

volkera linea 24 loosing pressure evry time heating goes off

by dazandjo27 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:40 pm

Hey, Checked out other forums but have had the best info from this one by just reading advice, Now im stuck! Ive a volkera linea 24 about 5 years old has been great up to now, Every time the C.H goes off the pressure gauge drops to 0, the red light comes on and we cant get any hot water, We then reset the system and top it up to 1bar. When the C.H is on it rises to 2.5/3 bar. Ive checked every where for leaks and checked the copper pipe that comes out of the house in case the valve is passing but i cant find anything, The only thing was a tiny pin hole in a down stairs rad, Ive turned that rad off, Could there be air in the system or does it sound Bad, Im a H.G.V mechanic and my missus thinks that coz i can fix 40 ton wagons i should be able to sort this no probs!!!
Please help me get her off my back!
Thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:08 pm

If the boiler pressure is only rising when the central heating is on - it's a problem with the pressure vessel. It could need to be re-pressurised or the diaphragm may have split, and a new vessel may be required.

If you know where the pressure vessel is, and how to get to it, you may be able to try re-pressurising it yourself by opening the pressure relief valve and pressurising using a footpump.

If you don't feel competent enough, or maybe would rather get a heating Engineer to take a look.

Let me know what you decide, and i'll help where I can.

dazandjo27
Labourer
Labourer

by dazandjo27 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:09 pm

thats great thanks, am i right in thinking that the vessel is the large disc shaped diaphram on the back of the boiler with a shrader valve at the top?
Ill give pumping it up a go first then re-try the heating and see if holds the pressure when it goes off, if it does'nt is fitting a new one a job for a pro or could a grease monkey like me take my hand to it, Ill let you know tommorow how i got on, many thanks for the advice, top site!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1