Wall units too low
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alwaysready
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wall units too low

by alwaysready » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:07 pm

I would very much appreciate your advice.
I had a new kitchen recently installed, and now not happy with the distance between the work top and the wall units. It is 44 cm (42 from pelmets) and feels rather uncomfortable. I was promised 50 cm but it was by verbal discussion, and they did not check with me before fitting so low. I understand that it should be possible to adjust vertically but the problem is that I have a row of cabinets with pelmets and cornices. Would it be possible to move the whole row of cabinets upwards using the adjustment mechanism without having to remove the pelmets and cornices? How much would the mechanism allow to lift it by? Is it worth the trouble? The wall units height is not comfortable for me but may be I am missing on any advantages (other then reaching the top shelf)? Any opinion will be greatly appreciated.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Wall units too low

by stoneyboy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:20 pm

Hi alwaysready
Even if the adjusters were at their highest setting adjusting them downwards would only gain you 1-2cm.
You could always remove the pelmets altogether, otherwise you will have to dis-assemble and refit higher.
Regards S

alwaysready
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Wall units too low

by alwaysready » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:34 pm

Thank you for your reply Stoneyboy. I understand now that it would not be possible to raise the wall units significantly using the adjustment mechanism. I wouldn't really like to disassemble the kitchen either as this is a new kitchen, and was stressful enough to get it fitted. I guess I would have to live with the cabinets being too low. It is especially disappointing, because I did check with the company before fitting, and they said the gap would be 500 mm, but then made it 440 mm (420 mm with pelmets). I wonder if anyone else ever had it fitted that low.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm