Want to Make Concrete Square on Kitchen Floor That has Damp Proof Plastic, two Sheets of Stiff Foam and Laminate Floor Tiles
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ojustaboo
Labourer
Labourer

Want to Make Concrete Square on Kitchen Floor That has Damp Proof Plastic, two Sheets of Stiff Foam and Laminate Floor Tiles

by ojustaboo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi all

My kitchen floor is quite springy. I want to either put one square concrete or four small squares so that my washing machine is on a solid surface.

Going down from the top, it has laminate floor tiles, then two sheets of about 10 mm stiff black foam board, then a thickish plastic sheet, and finally concrete underneath.

The total thickness from top of laminate to concrete is about 25 - 35 mm. (sorry, not at home at the moment, so cant measure).

Any suggestions for the best way of doing this?

Taking up a square of flooring the size of my washing machine base, then put concrete on top of the plastic? Or will that be too thin and break with the washing machine in spin mode?

Or put concrete direct onto the existing concrete, but then I have to cut the plastic (mind you doesn't seem damp underneath)

Or some other idea?

Many many thanks

ojustaboo
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Want to Make Concrete Square on Kitchen Floor That has Damp Proof Plastic, two Sheets of Stiff Foam and Laminate Floor Tiles

by ojustaboo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Forget that. Sorry for wasting peoples time .

After looking around the web, as long as it's properly level, it should be totally fine with the floor as it is.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 am