All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Jobson
Labourer
Labourer

Washing Machine Drain Hose to Sink Waste Connection

by Jobson » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi all

A bit of help if you don't mind.

A bit of background: A friend recently changed my kitchen tap but either ont they knocked the overflow accidently or removed the pipe for easier access. I reconnected it.

Anyway it wasn't flush with the sink and the cover moved Iot so replaced it as water was coming out at the top of the overflow.

So whilst I was down there I decided to rejig the washing machine drain pipe. I did this as sometimes water flowed back to the machine when lots of water was released down the sink drain. So I taped up the hose up high and reconnected. However there seems to be some water coming out of the connection to the trap (I hope I'm using the right word there) just by using the sink. It's literally a few drops at the moment but I haven't tried turning on the washing machine.

Researching online it looks like the a fitting on the end of the grey drain pipe was never there- I say this by simply looking at a new hose online. It's that plastic bit covering the end of the hose that connects to the white plastic plumbing below the sink that I'm referring to.

So at the moment it's just the pipe slotted into the trap (white plumbing etc...) and one of those screw clips tightening it, as it was before.

I've thought about getting a new hose but getting to the back of the washing machine is quite hard for one person and no idea how to access it.

Will happily upload images if need be? Just wondering how I can either make that connection wateright or obtain the plastic piece to cover it, or any advice really.

Thanks very much

It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:25 pm