Washing machine electrics
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Archie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Washing machine electrics

Post by Archie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:33 pm

Is it possible to fix my own Washing machine using books from the library to save on an expensive call out charge.
The washing machine switches on ok but wont go into any programme. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Archie.

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Possible yes likely no. Most washing machines today use a programmable integrated circuit PIC most made by a company called Micro-Chip and although you can by the chip it would need programming this would normally be taught at level 5 or 6 in University (Second or Third year) Maplin do sell books on programming but with no timers as such it is far harder than programmable logic control PLC programming.
Put it this way with loads of time on my hands and a degree in electrical and electronic engineering I would take of lid. Look for any damp, and spray with WD40 and if still didn't work either buy new or call out repair man. Some older machines may have mechanical timers with little synchronous motor on back you may be able to replace that and sometimes there is a self dynastic program built in and some letter or number will show you fault but manuals are not easy to come by to know what the letters and numbers mean.
If you do delve in do let us know how you get on.
Eric

GoNz0
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by GoNz0 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:59 pm

try pusing on the door to see if the door sensor has moved :)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:52 am