water entering property
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
John Etienne
Labourer
Labourer

water entering property

by John Etienne » Wed May 28, 2008 7:27 am

I have a property which borders a pavement/road. The pavement has recently been resurfaced with tarmac. The property is a cavity built property the exterior walls are granite split blocks. I have been tryng to locate where the water is entering. I have been repairing some of the pointing which I have found weak.. I have noticed that the new level of the tarmac is level with the horizontal joints of the block-work. I have repaired one of the joints and think that his may be the problem.

can you tell me if there is any product that I can either paint onto the joints or should I put some sort of flashing up against the property at street level so that I can form a barrier between the property and the tarmac pavement???

thanks

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

water entering property

by Perry525 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Are you saying that the pavement level is now above your damp proof course and water is running through the wall into your home?

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:06 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:14 am