Water leak behind the wall?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Captain Jack
Labourer
Labourer

Water leak behind the wall?

Post by Captain Jack » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Since moving into our new house, we keep finding things that are wrong with it. It's a bit like buying a 2nd hand car! The one bit that is worrying me is the sound of a water leak behind the wall (or rather in that box thing).

Whenever a shower or water taps in the bathroom are on, there's a sound of water dripping on the floorboards. However, it's generally only when first turning on the water or a few seconds after. To me it sounds like a leak of a draining system, but there are a few other pipes going into the wall. My guess it's the PVC piping that's leaking. There are no visual signs of a water leak though. However, if the water did drip through the ceiling into the kitchen, it would drip into the same "box" downstairs.

I really don't feel like destroying the wall/box thing to get to the leak as we have just painted the room. Is there some kind of "Radweld" available for plugging minor(?) leaks in the drain system? Or should I get a plumber out and see what he says?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Captain Jack,
Chances are that you can hear waste water running in a soil pipe in the boxing. Get a plumber in and he will have to remove the boxing to confirm this.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am