Water level in one WC drops when pump clears waste from another WC
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gedhunt
Labourer
Labourer

Water level in one WC drops when pump clears waste from another WC

by Gedhunt » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:12 pm

I had en-suite installed in a bedroom, but because of problems linking to sewer, waste from WC/shower/basin runs into a new soil pipe at side of house, which goes into a tank. When level in tank rises, a pump in the tank sends it all up a small pipe, which goes around to back of house and feeds into original soil pipe. Two feet below that junction the soil pipe from another bathroom feeds into the main soil pipe (see pic). Whenever the pump kicks in to clear the tank, the water level in bowl in the other WC falls drastically. We flush it when we've heard pump and it restores water in bowl. But if we fail to do that for day or two it won't flush. Any thoughts? Vacuum? Suction?
Attachments
Pic shows small pipe on left bringing waste pumped from tank at side of house to main soil pipe.  The soil pipe connecting from right is from different bathroom.
Pic shows small pipe on left bringing waste pumped from tank at side of house to main soil pipe. The soil pipe connecting from right is from different bathroom.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Water level in one WC drops when pump clears waste from another WC

by stoneyboy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi jedhunt
From your picture it is not possible to see the top of the soil stack. Suggest you check that this has not been sealed off or is blocked.
Regards S

Gedhunt
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Water level in one WC drops when pump clears waste from another WC

by Gedhunt » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:02 am

Thanks for that S, I’ll check it out. But I’m gonna need a big ladder to be able to get that high!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:12 pm