Water Pools Garage Roof About 5m x 5m and About 2cm Deep
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

spec
Labourer
Labourer

Water Pools Garage Roof About 5m x 5m and About 2cm Deep

by spec » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:49 am

hi

my garage has a concrete roof about 6m x 6m. its pools water about 5m x 5m and about 2cm deep..

it has a 4 inch(10 cm) high lip that runs the length at the front and the same down the left hand side and the back backs on to a wall which is 1m higher an the roof.

the water should flow backwards towards the wall where it forms a gully and runs into a drain. well should run into the drain..

I'm going to be using the roof as a patio so the water is going to be a problem plus its not good for the roof / felt.

my first thought was to pour 4in (10cm) of cement from the front and slop it down to 2"(5cm) this would fill the pooling area and give me a 1" slop for the water to run off. but i think as the clement thins out down to 2"(5cm) it may brake up.

any thoughts..........

second idea was to put slabs down slopping them back towards the wall. guessing the slab would be 1.25" (3cm) thick so at the thinnest end that would be 0.75" (1.8cm) for cement holding it in place. would that be enough???????? maybe not....

so again any thoughts........

the other thing that springs to mind when it rains would the water soak through the cement (idea 1) / slabs (idea 2) and be a problem for the felt...

so again any thoughts or any different ideas....

Thanks

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:06 am