Water run-off from a neighbours patio
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Penalltie5
Labourer
Labourer

Water run-off from a neighbours patio

by Penalltie5 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:10 pm

My neighbour's garden faces mine and is separated by a hedge. Our houses are on a slope and their house/garden is higher than mine. We have elevated our garden to make it all one level. My neighbours are building a patio which will back onto my garden and I am concerned that when it rains all the surface water will be running off their patio into my garden which is already quite soaked. Any ideas whether or not they are allowed to do this and if so, how do I solve the problem of water soaking into my garden.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:08 pm

We can't get involved at all in any legal issues but would suggest you immediately talk to your neighbour about your concerns. See the DIY Projects section and look at the project on French Drains and Soakaways, a soakaway may solve the problem and help your already soaked garden

Jim357
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Jim357 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:40 pm

hi there.. you can and should talk to next door firstly .. and secondly your local council.. to get someone to have a look..
they can talk to your neigbours..and plan what is best..
it all depends on how well you get on with next door.. some get funny about the fact that you have called the council.. but if you let them know you are going too, to discuss your concerns openly.. it should be fine.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:57 pm