All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
happyguy
Labourer
Labourer

WC Connector

by happyguy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:39 pm

Hi,

Really silly question from a complete novice here. I'm going to attempt to change my existing bathroom suite. I have bought B & Q's cheapest suite, The "Barcelona" and I was wondering which WC connector I need to use?

The WC has around 45mm of ceramic coming off the back of the pan for the connector to attach to and my soil pipe is of the type that goes into the floor at a 90 degree angle. I am going to have to box behind the WC so was also wondering about a question mark shaped pipe??

Thanks

Happyguy

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:04 am

Hi

Have you had a chance to have a look at the DIY Projects area of this site: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm especially the project on "Bathrooms - suite installation. This may be useful to you.

Regards

happyguy
Labourer
Labourer

WC Connector

by happyguy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:54 pm

Thanks gardnico1307, I have had a look at the DIY projects and they are great, unfortunately they don't have on for which WC connector to use. :( Regards

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Screwfix do a wide range of pan connectors, and one end fits directly on to the outlet of all models of toilet pan. It is just a question of choosing the type required to get where you need to go.

Common connectors available are:- Straight, offset, angled, right angled, swan neck (? shape) and flexible. All are designed to connect pans to the internal of standard 4" soil pipe without any further fittings or sealants.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:19 pm